CDC Fay-Prince Blacklight (UV) Trap
The CDC Fay-Prince Blacklight (UV) Trap Model 812 adds a blacklight tube and ballast to the popular CDC Fay-Prince Trap for day and nighttime collections. This trap is quite specific for Aedes aegypti and Culex quinquefasciatus adults of both sexes. Baited with CO2, it is the trap of choice for Aedes sierrensis.
- Specific for Aedes aegypti and Culex quinquefasciatus adults of both sexes.
- 4-Watt blue-blacklight tube draws superior catch results.
- Optional: Insulated Dry Ice Container for CO2 release.
- Use with collection bag or (optional) killing jar.
- Downdraft fan keeps catch in the collection bag.
- Available in a daytime version without UV: the Model 712
- Model 812 Manual
The Fay-Prince trap (Fay and Prince, 1970) was specifically designed and field tested for the collection of Aedes aegypti by scientists from the Technical Development Laboratories of the Communicable Disease Center, DHHS. The design is based upon the attractiveness of contrasting gloss black and white panels and employs a wind-orienting cover and cylinder that houses a suction motor and supports the collection bag or killing jar.
The Model 812 CDC Fay-Prince UV Trap is supplied with a 4-wt blacklight system identical to the one used in the Downdraft Model 912 and Updraft Model 1312 Blacklight (UV) Traps.
The addition of dry ice which involves CO2 gas, results in significant increases in the number and diversity of mosquitoes caught and makes the location of the trap less critical. Used in the afternoon, it allows the collection of diurnally active mosquitoes that are not normally attracted to light traps. Our Insulated Dry Ice Container is simply a modified Igloo® drink cooler with stainless steel hardware to make it easy to use with 2kg of dry ice. The insulation slows the rate of sublimation and by hanging the trap from the hook below the cooler, the CO2 is released at the correct location, right above the trap.
The CDC Fay-Prince Blacklight (UV) Trap Model 812 includes:
- Trap Assembly with motor and fan.
- BlackLight UV 4 Watt tube, socket and internal ballast
- Power Cable
- Collection Cup
- The trap draw is 0.5 Amps/hour at 12 volts.
- Requires a 12 volt, 10 amp DC battery. See the batteries and chargers product page for options.
|1.10||Insulated Dry-Ice Container (Igloo)|
|1.20||Killing Jar and Assembly|
|1.30||Air-Actuated Gate System|
|1.42||Collection Bag, Single-ring, fine mesh|
|1.49||New Collection Cup, Fine Mesh|
|1.44||New Collection Cup, Standard Mesh|
|1.45||Collection Bag, Double Ring, Fine Mesh only|
|2.35||Sealed, Gelled-Electrolyte Battery, 12volt, 10 Amp Hours. (requires a charger).|
|3.30||Replacement Florescent F4T5 BLB (UV) Lamp for Trap Models 812, 912, 1212 and 1312.|
|4.10||Motor and Fan for Miniature Traps (6-volt)|
|8.07||Constant Voltage Power Supply (CVPS)|