Downdraft Blacklight (UV) Trap
The Miniature Downdraft Blacklight (UV) Trap Model 912 is similar to the CDC Miniature Light Trap, but includes a blacklight tube support and ballast. Blacklight (UV) aids in attracting a greater number and diversity of mosquito species, Culicoides, and Phlebotomines.
- Specific for Aedes aegypti and Culex quinquefasciatus adults of both sexes.
- 4 Watt blue-blacklight tube draws superior catch results.
- Use with collection bag or killing jar.
- Downdraft fan keeps catch in the collection bag.
- Available in a similar CDC Miniature (Incandescent) Light Trap Model 512.
- Model 912 Manual
The Miniature Downdraft Blacklight (UV) Trap Model 912 is similar to the CDC Miniature Light Trap, but includes a blacklight tube support and ballast which runs at 12 volts.
The utility of blacklight (UV) in attracting a greater number and diversity of mosquito species, Culicoides, and Phlebotomines is well known. Our UV traps employ a 4 Watt blue-blacklight tube and a very efficient transistorized inverter-ballast to provide radiation in the near-UV range (ca. 320-420 nm). The special inverter ballast is able to start the 4-W blue blacklight tube at battery voltages a low as 9.5 VDC. The blacklight system is identical to the one used in the CDC Fay-Prince Model 812 and Updraft Model 1312 Blacklight (UV) Traps.
The Miniature Downdraft Blacklight (UV) Trap Model 912 includes:
- Trap Assembly with motor and fan.
- BlackLight UV 4 Watt tube, socket and internal ballast
- Power Cable
- Collection Cup
- The trap draw is 0.5 Amps/hour at 12 volts.
- Requires a 12 volt, 10 amp DC battery. See the batteries and chargers product page for options.
|1.10||Insulated Dry-Ice Container (Igloo)|
|1.20||Killing Jar and Assembly|
|1.30||Air-Actuated Gate System|
|1.42||Collection Bag, Single-ring, fine mesh|
|1.49||New Collection Cup, Fine Mesh|
|1.44||New Collection Cup, Standard Mesh|
|1.45||Collection Bag, Double Ring, Fine Mesh only|
|2.35||Sealed, Gelled-Electrolyte Battery, 12volt, 10 Amp Hours. (requires a charger).|
|3.30||Replacement Florescent F4T5 BLB (UV) Lamp for Trap Models 812, 912, 1212 and 1312.|
|4.10||Motor and Fan for Miniature Traps (6-volt)|