New Standard Miniature Incandescent Light Trap
The New Standard Miniature Incandescent Light Trap Model 1012 features 100% light output and maximum airflow for superior catch results. The internal programmable photoswitch can control any combination of motor and/or light on and off at dusk and dawn.
- Get 100% incandescent light output for the brightest light possible.
- Control motor and light with programmable photoswitch.
- Use with collection cup or killing jar.
- Downdraft fan keeps catch in the collection bag.
- Optional Air-Actuated Gate System traps catch when the fan is off.
- Registered as a National Stock Number.
- Available in CO2 release and Blacklight (UV) models.
- Model 1012 Manual
- CO2 Retrofit Instructions
Maximal Light Output
The Model 1012 trap emits 75% more light than any other incandescent trap on the market. New ABS formed rainshield and clear acrylic body reflects and transmits light downward like a street light as well as straight out. The new PhotoSwitch, unlike any on the market today delivers 100% of battery voltage to the light and motor. This means the incandescent bulb delivers a bright and white light as designed, not a yellowish light with most energy lost as heat (infrared).
Maximal Air Flow
The new PhotoSwitch delivering 100% of battery voltage means motor RPM’s are ca. 20% greater than other miniature light traps using PhotoSwitches. Coupled with our low-silhouette grill, air flow in substantially superior to other models.
Easy To Use
The trap can be programmed into the various modes without a magnifying glass or tweezers… and, no jumpers to lose. The motor can be replaced with only a screwdriver.
Internal Programmable PhotoSwitch
The internal programmable photoswitch can control any combination of motor and/or light on and off at dusk and dawn.
- Mode 1 Motor & light on at dusk, both off at dawn.
- Mode 2 Motor & light on at dusk, light off at dawn, motor remains on.
- Mode 3 Motor & light independent of light level, connected traps runs.
The New Standard Miniature Incandescent Light Trap Model 1012 includes:
- Trap Assembly with light, motor and fan.
- Internal Programmable PhotoSwitch
- Collection Cup
- Power Cable
- The trap draw is 0.1 Amps/hour at 6 volts.
- Requires a 6 volt, 12 amp DC battery. See the options below or the batteries and chargers product page for more information.
|1.15||Photoswitch-Controlled CO2 release option (requires retrofit at factory of the Model 1012 trap). Note: The New Standard Miniature Light Trap with Photocell-Controlled CO2 contains this option.CO2 Retrofit Instructions|
|1.20||Killing Jar and Assembly|
|1.30||Air-Actuated Gate System|
|1.42||Collection Bag, Single-ring, fine mesh|
|1.49||New Collection Cup, Fine Mesh|
|1.44||New Collection Cup, Standard Mesh|
|1.45||Collection Bag, Double Ring, Fine Mesh only|
|1.64||Programmable PhotoSwitch circuit for the New Standard Traps Models 1012 and 1212.|
|1.50||4 D-cell External Battery Holder|
|1.55||Trap-mounted 2 D-cell battery holders (pair)|
|2.30||Sealed, Gelled-Electrolyte Battery, 6volt, 12 Amp Hours (requires a charger).|
|3.15||Replacement Lamp model CM-44 for Trap Model 1012, rated at 6.3 volts.|
|4.10||Motor and Fan for Miniature Traps (6-volt)|
|8.07||Constant Voltage Power Supply (CVPS)|