New Standard Miniature Light Trap With CO2
This trap (Model 1012.CO2) combines the proven performance of the New Standard Miniature Incandescent Light Trap with a small precision pneumatic valve controlled by the trap’s internal photoswitch that turns on and off the release of CO2 with the light level.
- Get 100% incandescent light output for the brightest light possible.
- Control CO2 release with the light level.
- Control motor and light with programmable photoswitch.
- Use with collection cup or killing jar.
- Downdraft fan keeps catch in the collection bag.
- Optional Air-Actuated Gate System traps catch when the fan is off.
- Model 1012 Manual
- CO2 Retrofit Instructions
- References on use of CO2 for medical entomologic surveys
Photocell-Controlled CO2 Release
A small precision pneumatic valve is controlled by the trap’s internal photoswitch and turns on and off the release of CO2 with light level. The Model 1012.CO2 trap comes supplied with an adjustable regulator, all lines and connectors, and two sizes of in-line restriction orifices that permit you to adjust the flow rate from 100 to 500 ml per minute. All you need to supply is a beverage industry CO2 tank.
Maximal Light Output
The Model 1012 trap emits 75% more light than any other incandescent trap on the market. New ABS formed rainshield and clear acrylic body reflects and transmits light downward like a street light as well as straight out. The new PhotoSwitch, unlike any on the market today delivers 100% of battery voltage to the light and motor. This means the incandescent bulb delivers a bright and white light as designed, not a yellowish light with most energy lost as heat (infrared).
Maximal Air Flow
The new PhotoSwitch delivering 100% of battery voltage means motor RPM’s are ca. 20% greater than other miniature light traps using PhotoSwitches. Coupled with our low-silhouette grill, air flow in substantially superior to other models.
Easy To Use
The trap can be programmed into the various modes without a magnifying glass or tweezers… and, no jumpers to lose. The motor can be replaced with only a screwdriver.
Internal Programmable PhotoSwitch
The internal programmable photoswitch can control any combination of motor and/or light on and off at dusk and dawn.
- Mode 1 Motor & light on at dusk, both off at dawn.
- Mode 2 Motor & light on at dusk, light off at dawn, motor remains on.
- Mode 3 Motor & light independent of light level, connected traps runs.
The New Standard Miniature Light Trap with Photocell-Controlled CO2 Release Model 1012.CO2 includes:
- Trap Assembly with light, motor and fan.
- Internal Programmable PhotoSwitch
- CO2 Kit: adjustable regulator, all lines and connectors, and two sizes of in-line restriction orifices that permit you to adjust the flow rate from 100 to 500 ml per minute.
- Collection Cup
- Power Cable
- The trap draw is 0.1 Amps/hour at 6 volts. The draw with solenoid, light, and fan running is 0.55 Amps/hour at 6 volts.
- Requires a 6 volt, 12 amp DC battery. See the options below or the batteries and chargers product page for more information. With a 6V, 12 amp DC battery, you can run the trap for one 24-hour day.
|1.15||Photoswitch-Controlled CO2 release option|
|1.20||Killing Jar and Assembly|
|1.30||Air-Actuated Gate System|
|1.42||Collection Bag, Single-ring, fine mesh|
|1.49||New Collection Cup, Fine Mesh|
|1.44||New Collection Cup, Standard Mesh|
|1.45||Collection Bag, Double Ring, Fine Mesh only|
|1.64||Programmable PhotoSwitch circuit for the New Standard Traps Models 1012 and 1212.|
|1.50||4 D-cell External Battery Holder|
|1.55||Trap-mounted 2 D-cell battery holders (pair)|
|2.30||Sealed, Gelled-Electrolyte Battery, 6volt, 12 Amp Hours (requires a charger).|
|3.15||Replacement Lamp model CM-44 for Trap Model 1012, rated at 6.3 volts.|
|4.10||Motor and Fan for Miniature Traps (6-volt)|
|8.07||Constant Voltage Power Supply (CVPS)|